Monday, October 29, 2012

I Love You To The Moon and Back

What is it about the moon?  I have always loved the moon.  Especially, here in Tucson.  It seems so much bigger.  I think it is the way the mountains are here.  The moon rises over the Rincon Mountains and it wraps its arms around me and pulls me toward it every time.  When I get the opportunity to see it peek out from the mountains as it rises, it takes my breath away.

In the past couple of years, I have been using the moon to help me feel closer to Sojo when we are apart.  I tell her that whenever she misses us, to look at the moon and know that we cannot be that far apart because we are all under the same moon.  And, we tell her we love her to the moon and back.  The night before we leave them or they leave us, I like to take her outside and look at the moon.  It makes me feel better to know that we are all under the same moon.  I makes me feel like maybe we aren't that far apart.  I hope someday that it does the same for her.

The moon has become special with Augie too.  Just a month (and one day) ago, we went to the hospital to wait for Augie's birth.  As we were walking from the parking lot to the hospital, I looked up and there was that moon again.  Full and bright...seemingly leading the way.  I was in awe of it, as I always am.  I thought of the wonder of it all and knew that it paled compared to the awe and wonder of what was about to happen inside that hospital.  So, the moon has become a special piece of the world for another grandchild.  Augie was one month old yesterday and this moon of ours is high in the sky again, full and glowing.  I think it will become something special for Augie as he grows and we tell him the story of seeing the full moon rising the night of his birth.

I think God gave me the moon just for my grandchildren and me.  Okay, so maybe not...maybe it is there for everyone.  Yet, I think it has a special meaning for me that everyone else may not know.  It is special for me, because I cannot look at the moon without thinking about my grandchildren and how blessed we are to have each of them in our lives.  They are our greatest blessing.  Each time I look at the moon I am reminded of the blessing they are in my life and I am filled with gratitude. Sojo and Augie...I love you both to the moon and back and I look forward to all the days and adventures we will have in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment