Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Am Back & Let Me Introduce You To...

Well, short story is, I hadn't blogged in a long time...forgot my password...was too lazy to go find it...got a new password and then...well, I don't know what happened, but I can't seem to access my old blogs the way I did and can't find others and it is a royal mess.  So, I am going to start fresh and see if eblogger works for me.  I have so much to blog about and have missed writing so much. I need to get back to it for myself, but even more so to document my life as a grandparent again. The blogs are there somewhere and I will find them, but for now...here I go with the big news...I will catch up with summer later.

Let me introduce you to Augustus Oliver Russell, aka, Augie....weighing in at 8 pounds and 5 ounces and 20 and 1/2 inches, with a nice full head of dark hair...beautiful baby boy.


Augie came into this world late last Friday night under a full moon high above.  As his grandfather and I walked into the hospital, we looked at the moon and as we were feeling a sense of wonderment about that moon rising over the Rincon Mountains, we knew that the wonder about to happen inside would be beyond anything we could imagine. 

As we sat waiting for his birth, I reflected on the first moment we laid eyes on Sojo and how we had anticipated that moment.  I thought about the plane ride to Seattle and the drive from the airport and being told she was asleep, but we could take a peak.  Waiting again, felt much the same. The anticipation, the excitement, the clock that had hands that didn't seem to move. And then, that moment when we got a text that he was born.  The feelings that welled up inside were just too much and the tears filled my eyes and overflowed.  The joy, the relief, the joy, the release, the joy, the joy, the joy, all over again.  Blessed Beyond Measure seems fitting for this new blog. We are so thankful for this new life that has entered our family and our lives.  We are so thankful to have two beautiful grandchildren.  One across the world and one right here in Tucson.  We are so blessed to be here to watch each of them grow...one via Skype and blogs and summer visits...the other right here in Tucson.  Good Golly Molly, I love this gig.




No comments:

Post a Comment