Friday, October 5, 2012

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

There is a song titled, "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You", that I have always loved and it seems quite appropriate for little Augie, because I simply cannot take my eyes off of him.  I know this was written as a different kind of love song, but I have made it my love song to him, with a few words moved around.
 
 
 
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You are like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last you have arrived
And I thank God you're alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
 
 
 
 
Honestly, I cannot take my eyes off of this little one.  He is so beautiful, he takes my breath away.  When I am with him, I take a gazillion pictures so I have them to continue to look at when I am not with him.  I take a couple of his parents, but really...it is all about him right now. 
 
He is changing so quickly.  Yesterday, was the first time he had his eyes open much when we were with him.  He is so sweet as his little eyes work so hard to focus.  You just know he is trying to see what is out here in this world.  He hears noises and responds if they are loud and he is startled by it.  Though, I am sure he hears everything that is being said to him.  I love singing this little song to him and thinking about how he may ask me to sing it to him someday.
 
I really have a hard time finding words to describe what is going on in my head and heart right now.  It is so BIG, I can't seem to wrap my head around it long enough to grab the words.  My heart is full and overflowing.  This is a gift that is beyond measure.  Being a grandparent is truly a reward of the greatest kind.
 
For a long time, I wondered if I would ever become a grandparent, and now here I am filled to the brim with love for two of them.  Truly, I am blessed beyond measure.
 
Augie is a week old today...well, he will be at 11:36 tonight.  This morning his grandfather and I had a Mass said for him.  As I heard Fr. Nicholas say, "this Mass is being said in thanksgiving for the birth of Augie Russell, by his grandparents Ron and Helen Russell", I was overwhelmed with joy and thanksgiving...tears welled up and I knew at that moment how truly blessed my life is.  Gratitude is all I could feel.  Augie, I thank God for the gift of your life to this world.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment