Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Why We Tell Our Stories

My creative juices were flowing recently, as I tried to re-create that creativity from a few years back when I made Sojo a birthday banner.  Since Augie will soon be one year old, I thought I should get busy and make him one.  I also wanted to make him a birthday crown.  Here is a preview of part of it.
I had a lot of fun re-creating the birthday banner and fun with the new birthday crown.  I hope that both find their way into every birthday celebration for years to come.  The picture shows just a piece of the banner, which says, "Happy Birthday Augie" along with a banner with the numbers 1-10 to do iron on pics of his birthdays from age one through ten.  A friend, did the embroidery work.  I did all of the sewing.  It is just like Sojo's, except for different fabric and I used iron on felt letters and numbers for hers.  They are not perfect, but as Mother Teresa says, "we cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love".  There is great love in every stitch.  I can't wait to see it hanging on the wall each year for his birthdays, just like I can't wait to see Sojo's soon for her 7th birthday.  The time goes by so quickly and memories are all we have of these fleeting moments in time.  It gives me great pleasure to be a part of these moments...celebrating the gift of life.  Augie won't remember his first birthday, but the pictures will be a recording of it and our memories will be told to him year after year.  One day, he will tell us the stories, as if they were his very own memories.  That is why we tell our stories.  For others to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment