Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In Training

I am in training for Augie care.  This Friday starts our first day that is all day by ourselves.  I think we can do it.  We have been trained well.  He has his baby part down pat:  cry and someone will hold me, snuggle me, feed me or change me.  Oh, did I mention the snuggle part?  Yep, Augie has it down pat.  Now me...well his Mommy and Daddy have been working hard and helping me learn the ropes.  I am a bit out of practice since his Aunt Tara is 44, his Daddy is 41 and his Uncle Matt is 34.  It has been a while since I have done this baby gig.  It does seem to be coming back to me.  I especially love that snuggle part, so I think we will get along fine. 

 
This chair has been waiting a long time to have a baby rocked in it.  It is the chair Augie's Aunt Tara was rocked in, his Daddy was rocked in and his Uncle Matt was rocked in.  By the time Sojo arrived at our house, she was over a year old and not really into the rocking anymore.  This chair is a late 1960's Lazy Boy rocker/recliner.  I know, old school and not at all in style, but this is a baby rocking chair and there is history here.  It has been reupholstered 3 times and desperately needs it again.  First it was 60's gold and then it was 70's rust and then it was pink and mauve and turqoise southwestern flame stitch...very similar to the mauve and turqoise flame stitch it is now.  Yep, it needs a new do.  But, Augie doesn't care about the color or style.  He only cares about the snuggling and rocking.  We can do that.
 
 
We will have a little play time on his playmat
 
 
Hopefully, he will sleep a little
 
 
 
His Granda can help out sometimes too.  Some male bonding.
 
 
When Mommy and Daddy come home, he will be ready for some snuggling with them. 
Yep, I think we are ready. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment